About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with almost 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.
12 month contract
The role of the Industry Purpose Project Manager includes delivering every projects output on time within budget and scope. The Project manager should have a background in working in the mobile industry and should demonstrate a good understanding of the telecom industry, technical literacy and policy and regulation knowledge. The good candidate will be skilled at getting the best out of people and projects, and will thrive when planning projects and working with internal and external stakeholders.
Demonstrable experience is required in many of the following:
- Ensure that each project’s output is delivered with the agreed time, quality and budget parameters
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Take responsibility for implementation of appropriate project methodologies
- Define the task breakdown, risk assessment, project planning for each project’s outputs before it starts
- Monitor and control deliverable during the project lifecycle
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Lead the procurement and contracting process for all suppliers, liaising with internal legal and financial teams, to ensure compliance.
- Manage regular internal and external reporting on projects progress.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Engage with mobile network operator stakeholders to ensure strong engagement, understanding and support for the project’s activities
- Manage a large working group of stakeholders with different background and various seniority levels
- Ability to lead conference call, face-to-face meetings and workshops. Ensure that project meetings are effectively managed and productive
- Constantly seek out and implement process and methodology improvements
- Project management expertise. The candidate will have experience of managing complex multinational, multifunctional projects and geographically dispersed teams.
- Experience of working at mobile network operators
- Consultative and collaborative approach. The candidate will be a strong listener, capable of understanding the views and challenges of a wide spectrum of audience and a proactive facilitator for internal and external stakeholders collaboration
- Strong problem solving skill, and ability to influence stakeholders and build consensus around an approach
- Collaborative team player, serves as best practice/quality resource and shares knowledge and expertise with others
- Presentation and communication. The candidate will be a clear, articulate and persuasive communicator, both in writing and in person
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines and evidence of focus on achieving goals and delivering to exacting deadlines
- Experience of working with people from different cultures and countries
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Project, Excel and Word.