The Industry Purpose programme aims to transform the perception of the mobile operator industry through the industry purpose. There are three identified focus areas where the industry plays key roles in – Customer, social development, and economic development. The programme is in the process of defining specific actions for the industry to commit to implement in order to transform the perception of the industry with operator delegates from 25 companies. Once finalised, there will be outreach activities to get commitments from operators around the world, and the plan is to launch the industry purpose and the industry commitments in Feb ’16 which will kick off global campaign. The programme will then work with operators to implement the defined actions in each of the focus area, in order to transform the reputation of the industry.
GSMA – The Role
This role will support the Programme Director in the management of the Programme. The APM will have responsibility for ensuring the Programme follows best practice in its programme and project management, ensuring information is managed and disseminated appropriately, and providing delivery support. The APM should be sufficiently experienced to work without direct supervision.
The main responsibilities are summarised below:
- Project management & PMO function - Working closely with PMO, maintain the project plan and deliverables register, an Issues and Risks log, and tracking and chasing the associated actions. Working with project managers, ensure all relevant project documentations are stored in the relevant document storage tools. Manage small projects from time to time.
- Reporting - Schedule and help run by-weekly reporting meeting with workstream leads to check status of each workstream, help manage and prepare monthly report for DG review, and help prepare briefing documents and presentation for the board and other advisory groups from time to time.
- Tracking project budgets, working with Finance to ensure the Programme Director is up to date on a view of forecast spend for the year; raising Purchase Orders and monitoring travel and other expenditure.
- Procurement support - Liaise with the programme, legal and finance teams and suppliers to comply with procurement requirements and processes, ensuring necessary contracts are in place, PO raised, as well as support RFP processes.
- Operator group meetings - Preparing first draft agenda and minutes and ensuring that they are compliant with GSMA templates and style. The APM will be expected to maintain the overall meeting schedule, and control and disseminate information and invitations by Infocentre2 and Outlook, ensuring that all meeting and logistical arrangements are in place.
- Committee/Board meetings - Manage various committee meeting submission request, deadlines and inputs required from various stakeholders within the programme.
- Annual business planning - Support the Programme Director and Head of Programme in meeting the schedule for annual business planning. Ensuring all project plans are in place for each workstream, and carrying out quality assurance checks.
- Leading on the maintenance of information on Infocentre2 (our information database for our members) for the project. Being responsible for good organisation of project documents on the shared drive and on Infocentre2. Ensuring Infocentre2 pages are up to date and reflect the structure of the project. Working with the Group Directors to ensure all project meetings are announced on the Infocentre with as much advanced notice as possible, and that meeting documents are uploaded correctly.
- Programme planning support - Support the scoping planning processes and schedule. Help manage various planning request, deadlines and inputs required from various stakeholders.
- Undertaking other work required to support the team in other fast-moving and high profile projects.
- Experience in an IT or Telecommunications environment.
- Prince2 Practitioner
- Demonstrable project experience, working as assistant project manager, with solid understanding of project management theory and experience of managing project plans and RAID logs.
- Experience of working with people from different cultures and countries, and in virtual teams.
- Proactive, intelligent, keen to develop their career further in project management.
- Good skills in producing high quality PowerPoint presentations, with a flair for laying out information clearly.
- Solid experience with Excel, Word, Power Point and MS project.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise multiple requirements based on importance, impact and immediacy
- Strong initiative, able to follow through delivery of work without step by step instruction and to work without direct supervision.
- Experience of project budget tracking.
- Proactive, flexible and collaborative team player
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and articulately with senior stakeholders
- Able to travel internationally from time to time