GSMA - Mobile for Development
Mobile for Development is a dedicated global team within the GSMA, which brings together our mobile operator members, tech innovators, the development community and governments, to prove the power of mobile in emerging markets. We identify opportunities and deliver innovations with socio-economic impact in financial services, health, agriculture, digital identity, energy, water, sanitation, disaster resilience and gender equality.
To date our work has impacted 30 million lives across 49 countries. Mobile is the single technology which cuts across geographies, cultures and incomes levels and we expect the impact on emerging markets to grow exponentially.
For more information, visit www.gsma.com/mobilefordevelopment
Follow M4D on Twitter: @GSMAm4d
M4D Events Coordinator
We are looking for a creative and energetic Events Coordinator to assist in the the planning and delivery of all events for Mobile for Development.
The M4D Events Coordinator reports to the Department Manager, Mobile for Development, and sits in the Mobile for Development Central team, working closely with Marketing Advocacy Events and team members across all M4D programmes.
- Act as the central ‘go-to’ resource for M4D teams with regards to all annual events.
- Manage and update the global M4D events calendar.
- Coordinate M4D input into Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the regional Mobile 360 Series.
- Coordinated M4D input into relevant external events where one or more M4D programmes are attending / speaking.
- Work closely with GSMA Ltd (events) and the wider marketing team, in particular the digital team, to provide updated event / session information for website, newsletters and social media channels.
- Build and track attendance at all M4D Events.
- Coordinate all M4D event logistics for major events e.g. hotel room bookings, shipping of programme and programme marketing collateral, etc.
- M4D seminars and sessions at large events – agenda planning, speaker invites, Salesforce maintenance and briefs as required by Marketing.
- Conference pass management.
- Proof reading.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in a similar role in a similar international working environment e.g. highly demanding, multicultural and with frequent change.
- No-fuss collaborative team player, persuasive, articulate and able to effectively connect a wide group of internal GSMA interests and resources, across M4D and support their work.
- Highly adaptable and willing to take on new challenges.
- Proven record of exceptional organisational skills and heightened attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Highly motivated, proactive and optimistic, demonstrating a “can do” attitude, and eager to identify and suggest ways of improving existing processes.
- Ability to work to multiple tight deadlines.
- Confident self-starter able to work unsupervised and comfortable with complexity and dealing with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Good writing skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Excellent cultural awareness and a desire to work with teams around the world.
- Fluent spoken and written English is essential.
- Other language skills (French or Spanish) are desirable but not essential.