The Graphic Manager will join our creative team – creating eye-catching collateral in-house, directing creation of assets with our outside agency, providing direction on applying branded elements to event structures, and helping give our events portfolio unique identities that reflect the GSMA. Our ideal candidate is an Adobe-loving graphic designer who can spot misaligned pixels from across the room all the while sorting photos and carrying on strange conversations with co-workers.Bonus points if you can write snappy paragraphs of copy on the fly, or if you think brand guidelines make great reading material. If you’re looking for a position that provides a creative challenge and requires a keen eye, this might be the perfect role for you.
Brand Creation & Application:
- Manage branding application projects at GSMA events, which involves working with internal teams to understand their projects then recommending brand applications and brand extensions as needed. Deliver creative assets and provide direction that meet project goals and brand standards while managing internal stakeholder expectations and deadlines.
- Create and edit graphics (flyers, online graphics, posters, large-scale event graphics) using existing event creative, as well as developing unique looks where an existing style doesn’t exist.
- Manage graphic projects with our agency – discover needs, liaise with stakeholders, kick off the project with the agency, manager approvals, distribute final assets to team members
- Take ownership of our brands – you’ll help develop, create and enforce event brand guidelines
- Assist with maintaining the team’s shared digital asset library, including icons, brand elements and pre-approved photo imagery.
- Manage development of various collateral pieces as needed to support event teams
- Write, edit and/or proofread marketing copy for use on multiple platforms, including print and online, ad copy, email blasts, paid media and marketing collateral
- Customise messages and tone as needed for audience and region
- Review and approve content on various channels to ensure consistent messaging and branding across event materials
- Ad-hoc project management where you’ll be responsible for project plan and timeline; serving as project manager and focusing on collaborating with multiple stakeholders and accomplishing set goals.
- 7-10 years of graphic design or brand application experience
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Design Suite and/or image editing software
- Dynamic individual with a ‘creative eye’ who is passionate about developing impactful communications
- Interested in new technologies and marketing best practices
- Self-motivated, well-organised individual who pays close attention to detail and is able to prioritise in a fast-paced, fast-changing global environment
- possesses strong communication skills
- A team player with the ability to be a strong creative contributor and collaborator
- Takes feedback in a professional manner and provides constructive feedback on others’ work
- Can work on a variety of projects simultaneously, with an acute attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines
- Enjoys identifying and implementing process improvements to make the team more efficient
While not required, other helpful skills are:
- Web copy writing and/or blogging experience
- Strong spelling and grammar skills
Some travel, including international travel, is required.