The MWCS Account Manager position will work in the Greater China Sales team based in the Shanghai office. You will be responsible for selling our flagship Asian event, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, this involves selling exhibition, sponsorship and advertising opportunities. As well as managing existing clients, you will be tasked with sourcing new leads and clients for the event. This is a relationship sales role with a diverse range of clients in value, industry and location. The role requires travel both regionally and globally.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Specifically tasked with growing revenues for the MWC Shanghai event from the Greater China region – through exhibition, sponsorship and advertising sales.
- Sourcing leads from existing GSMA exhibitors and members, but also through proactive outreach via social media, LinkedIn, news publications, competitive events
- Account management of existing clients – selling directly to them, building strong business relationships, ensuring the event meets their requirements and we maintain a high level of client satisfaction
- Conducting face to face meetings as well as over the phone sales
- Identifying industry trends and developing event packages accordingly to capture the needs of the clients
- Global travel will be required
Specific criteria and competencies required:
- Demonstrable event sales experience – will also consider candidates with sponsorship, digital or advertising sales experience
- Excellent knowledge of the global mobile and tech industries
- Experience in managing the full sales cycle from planning to closing deals
- An over achiever with a track record of exceeding targets
- Proven ability to offer a first-class, professional sales and account management service to commercial partners and to build strong business relationships at all levels
- Proactive approach to identifying opportunities, generating leads and producing sales presentations
- Experience with Salesforce