Reporting in to the Head of Region, the Technology Director - LatAm plays an important role in the regional senior management team.
The role holder will need to be flexible, culturally aware and an excellent networker who can comfortably work in any relevant Latin American market alongside local stakeholders.
You will be an experienced mobile technology professional anticipating and reacting to related decisions in region. You will implement our global technology and programme delivery strategy in the region and deliver on related KPIs as well as feeding in to global strategy and KPI decisions made in HQ.
- Lead technical projects as well as being the technical expert and reference point for broader GSMA activities in region.
- Manage Working Group and Regional Interest Group activity in region.
- Work closely with any relevant Technical Specification Groups.
- Technical design and support for the implementation and operation of technical solutions for in-market trials/deployments and within GSMA industry events for showcasing new business opportunities.
- Engage with member CTOs in region.
- Responsible for inputting into regional business planning for technology.
- Manage programme delivery in region against HQ KPIs and member expectations.
- Responsible for delivering within the annual regional budget allocation.
- Working closely with HQ Programme Leads to ensure programme delivery strategy is fit for purpose in region.
- Responsible for regional reporting in accordance with HQ requirements, presenting progress against regional KPIs and defining corrective action where appropriate.
- Foster the necessary consultation, communications and good relations within the wider organisation, including staff of member organisations.
- Line and performance manage regional team.
- Ensure compliance by team with all GSMA polices, processes and procedures.
- Expert in subject matter.
- Deep knowledge of ICT industry.
- Strong understanding of the purpose and work of the GSMA.
- Ability to work co-operatively and flexibly with stakeholders and facilitate collaborative approach.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Relevant language skills for region.
- Has an established network across the region.
- Experience writing and delivering impactful presentations to senior stakeholders.
- Financial management experience with proven track record of managing and adhering to budgets.
- Excellent project management and facilitation skills.
- Proven experience and comfort with working in matrix organisations.
- Flexible to meet fluctuating regional requirements.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Cultural awareness.
- Accepts ownership and accountability, even while meeting challenging goals.
- Sets ambitious targets and strives to achieve them.
- Acts as a role model in demonstrating commitment to GSMA values and internal processes.