GSMA Research Managers are on the leading edge in identifying and promoting the key mobile industry trends, companies and technologies that are shaping the mobile communications landscape, now and into the future. Given the GSMA's central role in the mobile ecosystem, our Research Managers have direct access to the most influential companies and executives across the industry.
The GSMA is currently seeking a forward-thinking individual who has a deep understanding of the mobile industry to help lead the development of the GSMA's thought leadership conference programmes at events including Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Americas and the regional Mobile 360 series, among others.
The GSMA Research Manager will possess a solid understanding of the issues and trends driving the mobile industry, as well as how these trends impact a variety of constituencies such as operators, enterprises, consumers and regulatory bodies. This individual will also have experience in compiling market intelligence and conducting competitive analysis which provide greater insight into the dynamics shaping the mobile world.
This role typically entails the following responsibilities:
- Create highly compelling, unique conference agendas featuring the industry's best speakers for GSMA events. This includes the development of the session topics and identifying and securing the most sought-after speakers and moderators in the industry;
- Provide support to speakers and their teams before, during and after events
- Work with relevant stakeholders in Operations, Marketing and more to deliver excellent conference experiences for speakers and audience
- Provide intelligence and content to support the GSMA's project/event marketing and communications programmes; and
- Collaborate across the GSMA's global organisation and initiatives.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to:
- Demonstrate experience in research and analysis of the mobile communications industry, including identifying and following broad industry trends, compiling market intelligence and conducting competitive analysis.
- Demonstrate experience in creating content for use across a number of programmes – conference agendas, whitepapers and research reports, competitive analysis and more.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate extensive experience in project management and the ability to work against tight deadlines
- Demonstrate logical, original and independent thinking, and will not be pressured into decisions.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills – must be highly collaborative, able to work effectively across groups within the GSMA and externally with the companies and individuals who would speak at GSMA events
- Be proactive, self-motivated and able to work on long-term projects with little direction
- Flexible, adaptive work style
- Fluency in English, Spanish also desirable
- Demonstrate significant experience of working in the telecommunications industry, experience in mobile industry required, with experience industry research and/or conference programme development preferred.
- BA/BS degree required